Monday, April 29, 2013

Hey friends! Another week down here in Apopa. First, I want to remind everyone that they can still send dear elder letters to me for free, you just need to choose my mission in the drop-down list. DO IT!! Another thing I wanted to tell you guys that tracting (knocking doors) is NOT how we do work here in the mission. The new mission guideline given by the area presidency for all of Central America is that we get references from members or from street contacts. That way we can find solid investigators without having to weed through a bunch of people who really don't even want to open doors for us, much less talk to us. This week I had an experience that really reminded me of home. Before a lesson with one of our investigator families, we sang love at home (but in spanish). That hymn reminded me so much of Mom. But it also was a sweet experience because we sang it with a family that is preparing to receive the covenants and ordinances that will allow them to be together forever. We sing a hymn before every lesson, even first lessons. That may be weird to those we teach at first, but it really invites the Spirit. We sang Bandera de SiĆ³n (High on a Mountain Top in English I think) in one lesson, and we sang parts (basically just for fun, we didn't plan it or anything), and the person literally applauded us. So awesome. I got my first mission haircut this week too, so that was kind of cool. It was crazy getting emails that said that Kenny Brown served here, because earlier this week I had a family ask me if I know an Elder Brown. I asked if it was Kenny Brown and they said it was! Someone tell him that the Familia Vaquerano says hi! I am having so much fun here, but not too much fun. I don't remember exactly why, but several times this week my companions and I have just laughed hysterically for a few minutes. But we also had a not-so-good day. On Saturday, we had all of our appointments fall through. 100%. We didn't teach a single lesson. But that is ok, we had some good contacts and got a bunch of references. My spanish feels like it is not progressing. I feel like I say that all of the time. I just need to speak it, but it is hard when my companions just speak in English all of the time. But I'll work on that. We have a lot of work to do here. We have received by revelation the goal of baptizing 50 people on the 22nd of June in our stake. 50 people in one day. Our ward will be responsible for 15 of those baptisms. My companionship will need 8. So we need to work hard. I found a quote that has helped me when things get hard that I want to share. It is by President Uchtdorf. It says: 'Brothers and Sisters, no matter our circumstances, no matter our challenges or trials, there is something in each day to embrace and cherish. There is something in each day that can bring gratitude and joy if only we will see and appreciate it.' I love all of you guys. Find those things that will bring joy this week. Have a great week!!

Elder Andreasen



No comments:

Post a Comment