Monday, June 10, 2013





COMO ESTAIS VOSOTROS,

¿¿Como estais vosotros?? This week went by so fast I cant really at all beleive it. Last P-day we had a normal pday. My first! We played soccer with some of the other missionaries in the zone. It was so so SO hot, but it was a lot of fun. I don't think I have ever worn a shirt that was so wet. Tuesday I got my package. 100 days out, WOOHOO!! My family sent me a list of 100 things they love about me. 25 each, that must have been tough! I also got my umbrella, which was put to use right away. It works great, but the magic here in El Salvador, is that you can get wet from the ground up because it rains so hard that the rain splashes up pretty high. It's almost like you need waiters or those leg thingies that people use in the snow to keep snow out of their boots. But my pants dry quickly and my feet have not gotten wet even once yet. This week was pretty interesting. We had an investigator who started to have some doubts. Turns out she has had someone telling her all sorts of wacky stuff about the church, and we had to spend an entire appointment doing damage control. We are hoping she is still on track for the 22nd. AND JORGE AND EMMA ARE GETTING MARRIED!!!! Tomorrow is the day. It is Jorge's birthday, and he wanted to get married on his birthday. We have been running around getting all of the necessary documents, in fact, we found out saturday that he was divorced, and we need the act of divorce document as well, so we have to get that today and turn it in to the lawyer in San Salvador. So goodbye P-day! But their wedding is much more important, and they will also be baptized with their two daughters on the 22nd. Jorge is such a great man. When we told them that they need to get married to get baptized, he talked with Emma and told her 'I want to marry you. Tell me if you don't want to, but I want to marry you.' (we found out about this conversation last night). Also, he has family members who have told him not to get married, but he told them, 'I want everything to be alright with my Heavenly Father.' What a champ! And I learned how jaded we are in the States. Emma needed to get a DUI (national ID) to get the marriage documents, and it cost 12 dollars. Between the two of them they had 6. So we chipped in the rest. It really was a touching moment for me. They wanted so badly to get married, but they couldn't afford it. The wedding is being paid for by the ward. It will cost around 20-30 dollars.  This week we found another familly that is looking super positive. We taught a small lesson because we didn't have too much time, but they just listened and want us to come back. As we left, it started to rain...the hardest rain that I have ever seen in my entire life. (SEE PHOTO)  But as I left, there was a huge smile on my face and I couldn't help but sing 'Praise to the Man' out loud. ALSO, I got a letter from Beebs this week. Only like a month and a week after he sent it, but better late than never! If you are reading this Beebs, I am so proud of your decision. The mission is tough, but not much tougher than getting to anatomy when we woke up 10 minutes before class started. Two years off is exactly what you need to figure out what it is you are going to do afterward. And lets be honest, your mission is awesome. It suits you well. So congrats! September 5th will be a tough day, but it will be a landmark that will change your life forever. Another thing: everyone needs to give Zach a huge hug this Wednesday because it is his BIRTHDAY!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACH!! I sent your letter. I hope you have it. But if you don't get it until after, just know that I love you and that I hope you have the best day of your LIFE. You are an awesome brother. And I am going to choke you out so hard when I get home. In other news, I have been going through the new scripture masteries. They are awesome. I was wondering why they changed them, but as I have been studying them, I have realized that they are great missionary scriptures. LEARN THEM! They will make for more knowledgeable, better prepared missionaries. I thought I was 'ready'. I don't think you are ever ready, but the more preparation, the better. I still think of myself as a new missionary, but I have 3 months already, and my training ends in two weeks! I'm old. And I still feel like I am learning and preparing every day. And the time is just flying by me. Here is the thought for the week: 'My promise to you who pray and serve the Lord cannot be that you will have every blessing you may wish for yourself and your family. But I can promise you that the Savior will draw close to you and bless you and your family with what is best. You will have the comfort of the His Love and feel the answer of His drawing closer as you reach out your arms in giving service to others. As you bind up the wounds of those in need and offer the cleansing of His Atonement to those who sorrow in sin, the Lord's power will sustain you. His arms are outstretched with yours to succor and bless the children of our Heavenly Father, including those in your family.' --President Eyring. Let's be the people who 'pray and serve the Lord' so that we can have these beautiful and much needed blessings in our families. If we do that, we don't need to worry, because we will know that what happens is what is best for us, and we can faithfully and hopefully rely on the Lord and his infinite love for each of us. I love you all. Have a great week (especially Zachary!).

Love,

Elder Andreasen




No comments:

Post a Comment