Tuesday, May 7, 2013


Hey friends!!

Another week has gone by already. They seem to go so fast I can't even count them anymore! This was an interesting week. One night, we did a demo about the Atonement, I'm sure you guys know the one; the pushup analogy. So basically we brought some cake to our investigators house, and we had 11 people there. We offered cake to each person individually, and I had to do pushups so that everyone could have cake, whether they wanted it or not. My companion decided in the middle of this activity that 10 pushups per person was not enough, as I was 'not struggling enough'. So I did 15. After all was said and done, I had done 130 pushups in about 5 minutes. And I was dripping sweat (but that isn't such a rarity here...). Anyway, the next morning I woke up sore. A little too sore. My whole body was sore, and I had a throbbing, excruciating headache. We went to a district meeting, and it just got worse and worse. Basically by about noon I was out of commission. So I just slept. UNTIL 8 AT NIGHT. I woke up in the middle of a huge rainstorm. Then my companions said we had to go out. So I put on my boots and we went out. Our 8 oclock wasnt there. On the way home I started to feel really sick. My vision started to darken, and I began stumbling as I walked. I just wanted to get home, but at one point I saw some steps and decided I needed to sit down. That was an inspired decision. Within seconds I had passed out. Freaked my companions out a bit. After I came to, I got up and we just walked home. I went straight to bed. The next day I felt better and we were back to work. That night, the woman we were supposed to meet at 8 the previous night received the first lesson, and when I invited her to be baptized, she accepted without hesitation. We are working with her for the 22nd of June. I learned from that whole experience that the Lord is preparing people, and you just have to have the faith and trust that when you put yourself to work (especially after times of trial, like being sick and passing out...) you will be guided to those people who are willing and waiting to receive the gospel. It is never too late to send me letters you know... I was reading in my journal the other night, and every time I have received letters, I have written in my journal about how loved I feel and how encouraged I am to keep working hard. So get on that!! We had another baptism this week. Pedro was baptized on Saturday. He is the cutest, most perfect old man. And he LOVES reading the Book of Mormon. Everyone should read the Book of Mormon. In fact, everyone should read it in it's entirety at least once before I get home (hint, that's all of you). I am on track to finish it in the next 2 weeks. I am currently in 3rd Nephi 11, so it's about to start getting REALLY good. I hope everyone is doing well, and that they will WRITE me telling me just how well they are doing. I am doing just fine here in Apopa. Have a great week!

Elder Andreasen




No comments:

Post a Comment