Monday, May 20, 2013

May 20th 2013

This week has been a little bit crazy. We had changes last wednesday. Elder Garcia left. So that was a sad day. But we got a new companion - Elder Castillo. He is from Puebla Mexico. My first latino companion! Because of that, my spanish has gotten way better. I have to use spanish all day now, and it is really good practice. I have some letters I need to send. Sometimes we dont end up having time on pdays to go to the post office, so they stack up. So i have a few, including one for Zach that is for his birthday. Apparently, letters take 8 days to get to the states from here, so I still have some time. I love letters. KEEP SENDING THEM. Mom, I have gotten a few from Granny Duncan. Tell her that I really appreciate them, and that I love that I have really appreciated her testimony at the end. This week was better in terms of my health, but my digestive system has taken a beating. The viciously fighting cats are no longer in my stomach. But I did have one experience this week. We were out running errands, when all of a sudden it was time to go. So I told my companions that we had to go NOW and we went home. I BARELY made it to the bathroom in time. That was a scary, sucky experience, but afterward we just went back to work as if nothing had happened. Also, Elder Martin got sick this week. He threw up a bunch and we ended up staying in a whole day. It was a great study opportunity, and I really enjoyed that time, even though we couldn't work. This week I gave my first blessing in Spanish. I was nervous like crazy, but it went really well, and I am much more confident in my Spanish at this point. I had another prompting this week. We were walking along the street and I was prompted that we should talk to a family who had their door open. We taught a little lesson and set up a return appointment, but they didnt seem super positive. I don't know exactly why I have been prompted to talk to certain people when they aren't that positive, and we haven't had anything come of it, but I know that it is more important that I listen to and follow the Spirit, and that perhaps the Lord has purposes and plans for those people that I will never see happen. One thing that I want to encourage all of you to do is have Family Home Evening. If you aren't a member, ask my family if you can come by one night to see what exactly FHE is. If you are a member, have FHE each week! They can totally be fun, and it is a great opportunity to strengthen your testimony and your family relationships. Also, invite friends to FHE and ask the missionaries to come. This week we had FHE with a family who invited a friend and yesterday we invited her to be baptized and she accepted! Also, don't forget my invitation to read the Book of Mormon. That book is amazing in ways I can't even explain. Read it. So...today I have 3 months in the field. CRAZY!! It has gone by so fast, and it is hard to believe that I only have 7 more periods of time as long as this last bit. I love you guys! Thank you for your support and prayers. You are the best. Here's something to think about this week. 'Walk peacefully. Walk confidently. Walk without fear and without envy. Be reassured of Heavenly Father's abundance to you always. As we do this, we can help others, calling down blessings on them even as they make supplication for us.' - Jeffrey R. Holland.  I'll be doing a lot of walking this week, so I will have time to put this in practice. I invite you to do the same.

Love, Elder Andreasen



My New Companion Elder Castillo and Elder Martin

1 comment: